2007 DTH Yiwu
Oct 3, 2016 3.5g/64ml gaiwan [7.4]
Dry: Quite sweet syrupy-minty taste
Damp: Compelling, clean, YQH-like, very sweet, minty camphor, no dankness
Wet: Aged but nor basement – dark fruits, wood, spice
Wash: Mouthwatering, sweet, active, feel strength, super smooth/luxurious texture
- Super slick with strong huigan. Sweet, with mouthwatering aftertaste.
- Remarkable mouthwatering briny+sweet combination aftertaste. Aroma is expanding and filling table and head.
- Great menthol and long flavour. Some heat on face and neck, front, ribs.
- Sharp sweetness, some prickly heat.
- Heat and a continued enjoyable taste
- Huigan, aftertaste, active
- Dried fruits, good bitterness and strength effect
- Very smooth texture, excellent texture, can feel strength on all surfaces of mouth
- Great taste continues for several steeps
This tea has great texture, a very interesting savoury + sweet flavour, good levels of astringency and an interesting productive bitterness, and has the feeling of strength which I like. But this session lacked any qi sensation, which is odd because usually the strength effect and the heat effect leads inevitably to the body effect. Need to retry 2007.