2011 DTH Yiwu
Oct 8, 2016, 3.5g/64ml gaiwan [4.4]
Dry: very mild aroma
Damp: Mild, slight pungency
Wet: Low aroma
Wash: Vegetal, some sweet.
- Some green tea and oolong on the wet leaf. Astringent. Bitter, green gyokuro aspect. Rough.
- Not right, not enjoying the taste. Some sweetness, awkward acrid taste. Very green.
- Getting a bit of interesting pungent aroma through the bitterness
- Strong astringency. Quite rough and unpleasant
- Now getting clear waves of frisson on back.
The body effect continues over the next few steeps and even turns to some relaxation effect, but I stop due to the unpleasant taste and mouthfeel. Very bitter, no sweetness. Like the 2010, I wonder if this is in an awkward phase, but here the only good thing I can say is the qi effect is present.