2015 DTH Yiwu
Oct 2, 2016, 3.5g/64ml gaiwan. [5.9]
Dry: Large leaves, nice loose compression on cake.
Damp: Bitter greens, pungent florals
Wet: Darker bitter greens
Wash: Yellow-beige,tinge of sweetness, medium thick, no oolong, proper sheng taste
- Medium thickness, small tannins
- Standard young sheng taste, savoury but some bitter and with clear tannins
- Some sweetness in aftertaste but it is overshadowed by harsh tannins
- Nuttiness, chestnuts, bitterness. Quite high tannins.
- Starting to get an uplift, face slightly numb. Prickling chest + back.
- Very sleepy, need to lie down.
The tea certainly has strength, heating and some somatic effect, but nothing else compelling. Perhaps really too young for right now. Quite similar to some of the W2T young Yiwu tea.