2007 XZH Diangu
28 Jan 2017
4.9g/Novak Shibo [7.3]
Fluffy copper large leaves, sweet aged aroma. Wet leaf is fruity, stewed grapes. Wash is sweet, herbal with good aroma and some smoke. Slightly savoury.
- Medium-high thickness full mouthfeel, sweet with strength effect.
- Some bitterness and strength comes out with slightly longer steep. Dark orange. Very good darker empty cup aroma, resin but savoury. Bitter gasoline strength. Very herbal and medicinal, warmth, relaxation
- Slight genmaicha smell, roast with grassy aroma. Medium thickness, aroma does not last long in the cup.
- Whole-tongue huigan, penetrating chemical content. Face activation, numb face, neck, ribs, sweetness on tip of tongue. Great oil/gas strength, feeling of motion from the back of the head along the skin to the face and then through the face.
- Sweet, very full mouthfeel, strong taste, dark red.
- good longevity, still quite strong, bitter and deep colour.
I enjoyed this sample from KJW quite a bit, much better than the 2009 Diangu which I have. I’m not compelled to buy it but it is definitely attractive and interesting. And great leathery large leaves and good material.