2014 Teaside Fox
- Oily, sweet, shows youth through its strength rather than green notes. Quite sweet after the swallow, on the tip of the tongue and along the sides.
- Sweet and quite juicy, like rockets (tart candy). Strikes me as autumnal. Very good processing, no off tastes, Strawberry, tart berries taste, as well as red grapeskins.
- Strongly sweet. Heat. Front of mouth intensity. Reminds me of Autumn Mahei.
- Complex bitterness comes out now, with sweetness afterwards. Woody bitters. Pungent aroma.
- Longer steep has more acidity and some later astringency, but still ends up quite sweet.
This tea really strongly reminds me of a 2014 Autumn Mahei by Biyun Hao. It has intense tart sweetness with a lot of wood spices. Soft, round, but with a lot of interesting resinous content. The unicorn may have nicer leaf material, beefy stems etc. But I found this tea to be slightly more unique and enjoyable.